Founded in 1929
College preparatory curriculum
- Located on 42 acres, surrounded by the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore which was voted the most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America in 2011
- Average class size of 6
- Total enrollment: 64
- 98% of students board
- We have a five-week winter term where you only take two elective courses
- Ned Hallowell’s Summer Enrichment Camp for kids and adults takes place every July
- Annual trip opportunities to locations such as the British Virgin Islands and Guatemala.
- Family Advisory Units (FAU’S) – 3 adults to 7 student mentoring program
- Individual learning plan for every student
On campus is:
- The Lanphier Observatory, with a 14” Celestron telescope
- Large learning Greenhouse where we grow lettuce and greens for our salad bar, and other vegetables, annuals. Students can also participate in a composting program that allows them to see the entire process of the school's kitchen waste turn into a rich garden fertilizer!