Health Coordinator Position
This employment opportunity is now CLOSED.
Who we are…
Mission Statement: The Leelanau School ignites a passion for learning in a boarding school where students thrive by engaging academically and by celebrating everyone’s unique learning styles in a culture of acceptance, leading to successful and meaningful lives in college and beyond.
Our Core Values: Teaching Stewardship, Leadership, Awareness, Integrity, Resilience, Courage and Interconnectedness
Philosophy: The Leelanau School uses multi-sensory, experiential, and strength-based methodologies for bright, college-bound students. For 88 years, Leelanau has embraced the philosophy that “doing a lesson” greatly enhances learning. These strategies are ideal for students with ADHD or executive function challenges and for those students who want to build their confidence and gain awareness of their individual learning style.
You can expect to…
The Health Coordinator, reporting to the Dean of Students, will be responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. The Health Coordinator will monitor student health needs and provide appropriate health interventions and services.
- Provide onsite medical support: treat minor injuries, collect and file required forms, organize and maintain student medication cabinet, and administer student medication.
- Organize, maintain and update student records (including collection of records from student previous schools and immunization records).
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Establish and maintain a high level of neatness, cleanliness, and organization in the school health clinic.
- Oversee and develop protocol for a hygienic facility and communicate to staff, faculty, and students.
- Provide and promote relationships between community health providers and students, parents, and the community at large.
- Performing office tasks related to student data collection, parent-school communication, and student-office communication.
- Additional tasks and projects as needed to support the entire school function.
Please email your cover letter and resume to G. Deisler at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11, 2017.
Required Qualifications: Registered Nurse. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a learning environment.
Job Type: Contract/9 month
Salary: $23.00 to $24.00 /hour