Mission, Values & Philosophy
Mission Statement: The Leelanau School ignites a passion for learning in a boarding school where students thrive by engaging academically and by celebrating everyone’s unique learning styles in a culture of acceptance, leading to successful and meaningful lives in college and beyond.
What we Believe …
- Learning should be a joyful process of discovery.
- Every student is different: each brings their own learning style, strengths and weaknesses.
- There are many ways to learn a single lesson or subject.
- Teachers should be free to modify their lessons to meet a student’s needs.
- Learning can happen anywhere – especially outside of the classroom.
Values: Teaching Stewardship, Leadership, Awareness, Integrity, Resilience, Courage and Interconnectedness
Philosophy: The Leelanau School offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum using multi-sensory, experiential, and strength-based methodologies. Students gain awareness of their individual learning styles, build skills and strategies to maximize their learning potential and grow into leaders.
Results: 100% of our students are accepted into colleges and universities.