International Student Information
Application for International Students is the same as for American students, with the additional need for a student Visa, and requires that all international students take the TOEFL or SLEP exam (or equivalent exam) and submit their scores when applying to the school. The minimum requirements are as follows:
Grade SLEP TOEFL (Written Exam) TOEFL (Computer Exam)
9 37 350 63
10 42 400 97
11 47 450 133
12 53 500 173
The visa process for International Students attending the Leelanau School is simple and straightforward. Steps in this process, as well as resources are below.
- Apply to the Leelanau School; provide proof of citizenship and financial documents illustrating ability to pay tuition.
- After acceptance, place a deposit to ensure the student’s place
- Then, the Leelanau School issues a I-20 Student Visa form for the student.
- After receiving and completing the form, the student submits the form to the embassy.
- The student then goes for an interview at the embassy.
- The visa is approved and granted.
This visa is renewable every 12 months.
International Students have always been an important part of The Leelanau School.
Please use the form below to learn how you can become a student.