Steps in the Admission Process
Below are the steps in the Leelanau School Admission Process. Please contact Michael Jarvis, Director of Admissions, or Sarah Jane Crimmins in our admissions office with any questions or to request further information at (231) 835-1410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRELIMINARY ONLINE APPLICATION: Interested parents or students should fill out our preliminary online application HERE. This will allow you to share information about the prospective student and provide our admissions committee with insight before a tour is scheduled.
- ONLINE APPLICATION CONTINUED: After you complete the preliminary online application, you will be redirected to the rest of the online application process. Please click HERE to access that page. Here you’ll find the rest of the online application forms: Math, Parent/Guardian, Personal Recommendation, Student Personal Statement, English Recommendation.
- TOUR: We believe that a tour is the best way to truly understand and experience the Leelanau School. Talk with student ambassadors and teachers, experience a class in action, join us for lunch in our spectacular cafeteria, and take-in the beautiful scenery of our campus on Lake Michigan.
- We understand that a tour may not always be possible before applying and, if so, we will set up a meeting over Skype to learn more about the student, answer questions, and convey the full sense of the Leelanau School.
- APPLICATION: Download our admissions application HERE or the paper application you received during your visit. The application includes: applicant information, parent information, student personal statement, parent/guardian statement, as well as letters of recommendation from a math teacher, English teacher, and a non-academic mentor/adult.
- TRANSCRIPTS & TESTING: Along with your application, we ask that you send in the student’s current school records and relevant testing. Please submit copies of any academic and/or psychological test results that have been completed within five years of this application. International students are required to take the TOEFL, or an equivalent examination, and report scores to the Leelanau School. These can be sent along by mail or email.
- NOTIFICATION OF PLACEMENT: Once all of the proper documents and materials have been received, the admissions committee will meet to review the prospective student’s application. Enrollment decisions are based on the evaluation of the school visit/Skype meeting, school transcripts, and other documentation. If the student is accepted a contract will be issued.
- FINANCIAL AID: We have a need-blind Admission policy at the Leelanau School, meaning that we accept the student first, before we provide a family with a financial aid reward. As the financial aid process can take some time, parents can begin after the tour but no offer will be made until a student is accepted. Click HERE for more financial aid information.
- ENROLLMENT: When a student has been accepted, and the contract has been signed, we will send enrollment and student forms to be filled out before the student’s arrival to campus.
Mail materials to:
The Leelanau School | Attn: Admissions Office | One Old Homestead Road | Glen Arbor, MI | 49636
Email materials to: